Snapshots from Samoa

This is the place where you'll find snapshots of my life as a peace corps in Samoa.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A look forward and a look back

WOW!! I climed out of bed at 4am this morning and headed out to the airport to welcome the new group to Samoa. Here are some stats on Group 77. There are 12 guys and 4 girls. Most are in IT but there are 2/3 music teachers and 2 who work with people with special needs. I really can’t believe another group is here already I still feel like I just got off the plane yesterday. I figure this is a good a time as any to look back on the past 4 months in Samoa.

Ahh… I have many fond memories of the Apia Central my first “home” in Samoa. It was the birthplace of “Potu Ono” which means room six in Samoan. Texas, Jordan and I bonded through late night talks and plenty of hilarious happenings. Texas was even my roommate in LA… who knew the first PC person I met would end up being one of my best friends? Potu ono now sports matching clothing items… and if anyone has an idea for a logo we’d love to adopt it ^_~






Another stellar Apia central moment was definitely the day the guys bought their first ie faitongas. “Work it boys!”








The first week we got here we had a day of “cultural exploration.” Here’s a pic of what we explored. It was definitely one of those can it get any better than this moments for me. The natural beauty here is such a comfort. Moving halfway around the world can be nerve-wracking at times but some quality time outside on the beach or sitting under a tree can really help center you again.



Here’s another one of those views. This was our water safety day. Perfect snorkeling weather wouldn’t you agree?






Then there was my next home in Samoa… Isn’t it the cutest house? I had a room in the back of the house that overlooked the bay. I really wished I could have gotten a picture of the full moon over the water... really words fail when trying to describe it.




Thankfully you can capture the sunset view from my window and you’ll have to agree that the sunset picture brings to mind the words “tropical paradise”.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Jamie J said…

    YEAH!! now that is a journal entry! GIRL! it was so good to talk to you but i miss my sis like crazy. Keep your head up and enjoy the beautiful scenery for me! UMMA!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home